5 Restaurants You Must Try In Berlin, Germany
Berlin boasts a wide range of dining options to suit the palate of the international traveller and the city’s restaurants provide a range of traditional and modern German dishes and types of cuisine. Simultaenously, you can enjoy the excellent German beers and wines. Below a look at 5 restaurants which must be visited during a trip to Berlin.
1. Paris-Moskau (Alt-Moabit 141) – This restaurant is housed in a 19th century railway signalman’s home and has been named on account of its close location to the Paris and Moscow railway. The restaurant has an old world charm and it is recommended that diners make reservations to get assured seating. The cuisine featured here is gourmet European with a wine selection from some of the choicest breweries across the globe.
2. Margaux (Unter den Linden 78) - This Michelin-starred restaurant is well-known for its innovative cuisine and menu. They also offer a good range of wines, replete with a tasting menu, to go along with main course. The service is also friendly and attentive.
3. Prater (Kastanienallee 7) – For diners who want to have a taste of traditional German fare, Prater is the place to visit. Their portions are generous and the ambience has been modelled on that of a traditional Berlin beer hall. Their beer gardens are among the oldest and courtyard dining is an option.
4. Maxwell (1015 Berlin Mitte) –This restaurant located at Mitte in Berlin has been built on the site of a 19th century brewery. The ambience is one of the high-points of the eatery and has plenty of natural light flowing into the central dining space. Diners can enjoy their food in the quaint courtyard that is setup during summer. Maxwell specializes in traditional European cuisine.
5. Vau (Jägerstraße 54) - This restaurant has also been bestowed with the coveted Michelin star. Kolja Kleeburg, the celebrated head chef of this restaurant, believes in the philosophy of not serving more than 3 kinds of food on a single plate. Vau holds the reputation for having been fully booked for the last five years, so diners will need to make reservations well in advance. Both the decor and cuisine are of contemporary styles.
back to Top 5 guides.