5 Berlin Tours worth doing in Berlin, Germany
5 Tours worth doing in Berlin, Germany
Berlin is a big metropolis and for those that want to see its historic sites without using up too much shoe leather there are some great bus tours. From the comfort of your seat it is possible to take in Berlin’s fascinating sights including its monumental boulevards, large parks and the remains of the Berlin Wall.
1. The insider’s bike tour is a superbly fast way to take in Berlin’s monumental sights, but also includes leafy delights such as the Tiergarten Park and a beer or two in one of Berlin’s renowned beer gardens.
2. The Insider Walking Tour starts in the heart of what was West Berlin and crosses through to what was East Berlin and includes Hitler’s bunker, where he and his staff committed suicide, the Berlin Wall, and the bridge known as Checkpoint Charlie. Many other sights are taken in during the insider walking tour which is a way to revisit the places that so marked Europe in the 20th century.
3. Discover Berlin is another walking tour that lasts about three hours and takes in buildings such as the New Synagogue, which recounts the history of Jewry in Germany and Europe. The Discover Berlin tour also takes in the Reichstag and many other historical sites including the Brandenburg Gate.
4. The Free Berlin walking Tours is an English language tour that offers a free way to get to know Berlin and lasts for about three and a half hours and goes deep into Berlin’s Nazi history, but also covers its renaissance as an enlightened capital city.
5. A boat tour is another way to see Berlin and they take place both on the river and within the network of canals that were built in the 19th century. A boat tour through the canals of Berlin is a wonderful way to see aspects of Berlin that are not usually visible from the road. The people of Berlin often boast that their capital has more bridges than Venice. Tours of the canals vary from short tours that give a close-up snap shot of Berlin and day-long tours that also take in the large lakes.
back to Top 5 guides.